[Haifux] MCTIP computer technician course

eliran gonen eliran.gonen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 17:46:47 MSK 2011

These certifications by themselves are only an advantage if you plan
to work as technical support/helpdesk when you are done with the army.
That is to say, you won't _learn_ much from the courses themselves,
real-workplaces environment is entirely different than what is
required for you to memorize to pass these tests and does not imply
any explicit knowledge dealing with complex computer networking. The
level of these courses is way beneath what is really important for a
techie-person to know. Real knowledge is experience and you tinkering
with stuff on your own free time, developing a sense for what's really
going on behind things. These can show up in formal interviews not the
ones you usually get to through human-resources.