[Haifux] Coputer stores in Haifa with Linux in mind

Maxim Kovgan kovganm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 18:42:22 MSD 2010

Most of the Haifa computer stores I've dealt with (bug, ksp, marganit,
panda, etc.)
Will help you with a specific single question, like "Can you tell me if a
card XXX is supported by Linux OS?"

Otherwise, It is unclear from your email if by your "good intention to
support a store" you actually mean:
"I will do them a favour and buy a computer from them"
or do you mean:
"I am ready to pay good money for the consultation they give me in
purchasing a linux compatible hardware".

If the 1st, then ... well, the stores will not close if YOU do not buy from
them.
And If the latter, you should make yourself clear on that to the store.

And I hope you can see a difference.

M.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Michael <space3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Doesn anyone know of a computer store in Haifa, that cares about Linux.
> That is, I can ask them to recommend me a Linux-compatible Desktop, and
> the answer won't be "Oh, I'm sorry, but we don't support Linux, we
> recommend Windows 7", but rather they would attempt to help me build
> a system , where I won't have unsupported piece of hardware (even if I
> don't use this specific piece of harware, but it's just on-board).
> It's not that I cannot build a Linux compatible computer myself, It's
> rather my laziness and my good intention to support a store, that would
> not be reluctant to help when they hear the word "Linux".

Maxim Kovgan