[Haifux] [W2L Event] Monday 9/11, 18:30: FOSS Philosophy

Vadim Eisenberg vadim.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:12:26 MSK 2009

Orr, Orna,

Is this lecture intended to be a lecture for convincing people new to FOSS to use FOSS or also a lecture with a discussion about cons of FOSS ? I would like to have some "hard talk" about FOSS since I have some reservations about it and would like to discuss them. However, I am afraid to spoil the "sale" of FOSS to the newbies during the lecture.

If the lecture is not intended to be a discussion, Orna, is it possible sometime to organize a genuine discussion not for newbies about pros vs. cons of Open Source, Free Software, Linux ? The great thing could be a panel of several people who would present points in favor of Open Source, in favor of Free Software as opposed to Open Source, and if you could find somebody with an opinion against FOSS who would agree to present his views, for example somebody from Microsoft Israel (or somebody who could play a role of Devil's advocate), it could be a really great discussion.

Regards,
Vadim