[Haifux] [W2L Event] Monday 9/11, 18:30: FOSS Philosophy

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 20:07:15 MSK 2009

This Monday, the haifa Linux club, Haifux, will gather for a Welcome
to Linux (W2L) lecture about

    FOSS Philosophy

 This talk, which is the second in the 2009 W2L series of Haifux,
covers two main topics. The first one is an introduction to the entire
concept of Free and Open Source Software (or in other words, why
adults with other things to do, tend to participate in this
community). The second part is how to find answers, answers to the
small things which does not work. Yes, we'll cover google, but we will
also cover one of the greater advantages FOSS has - how to ask the
community for help.

The first part of the talk is based on Nadav Harel's Chofesh.

The second part of the talk is based on Meir Maor's Living in
Community, and the interpretation of Ori Idan to the same lecture.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future Welcome to Linux events:

Tuesday 10/11, 16:30-20:30 in the SSDL lab: a configuration party!

Monday 16/11, 18:30 in Taub 6: Quick and Dirty Bash

Orr Dunkelman,
Orr.Dunkelman at gmail.com

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3  2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to orrd at vipe.technion.ac.il)