[Haifux] advanced of programming in Linux

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Sun Nov 1 18:02:11 MSK 2009

Hello

To extent Elli's question:

We try to convince our students that programming on Linux is easier / faster relative to Windows, so they better learn how to work with Linux.

We claim that using the build in shell commands and pipes we can compose a solution for complex problem (almost) without programming.

Can you point us for real life examples that prove our claims?

Thanks in advanced

Shahar Dag
System & Software Development Laboratory (SSDL)
Computer Science Department
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa, Israel
Tel. 972-4-829-4880
Fax 972-4-829-4878