[Haifux] Virtual Box\Machine

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 01:57:48 MSK 2009

2009/1/29 Yossi Gil <yossi.gil at gmail.com>:
> Tal, I missed that note of yours. As you can all tell, I am not a big expert
> on distributions and the myriad of products. (I used to have a good
> understanding of the basic concepts, old kernel structure and the such, but
> not much more.)
>
> Anyway, I checked a bit about andLinux and about coLinux. They seem like
> good idea. I only knew about WUBI. Perhaps we should make a short web page
> describing alternatives for running Linux inside windows, so that interested
> students could do it? It would be real good if this is in Hebrew. We could
> put this page on the SSDL wiki, so that there is a joint editing effort?
>
> Anyone here interested in drafting something? This does not have to be full
> well balanced review,  but just a summary so that interested people could
> check out the alternatives themselves?

I hav enever used those technologies (I don't have Windows) but from
gut feeling I think that having a real dual boot, or a single boot
with Windows in VirtualBox, would be best. Running Linux inside of
Windows sounds like having the terrible application selection of
Linux, with the terrible stability and resourcefullness of Windows. A
lose-lose situation.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü