[Haifux] Haifux Digest, Vol 17, Issue 15

Yossi Gil yossi.gil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:09:49 MSK 2009

Eran,

I am glad to hear that you find Linux useful and productive. I have an idea
of running a Linux party in the lab, in one of these Wednesday Noon no
teaching time at the Technion. This party will include help in installation
for people who did not install, and free discussion of installation
problems. More information, including dates, will follow.

Regarding your suggestions:

* I asked the lab engineer to install Open Office 3.0. I hope this will
solve some of the problems. I am not sure this will solve the little and
annoying layout differences though.
* The CR/CRLF problem is not the main issue I think. It is not a problem in
Eclipse as far as I know.
* VIM is great. It is difficult to convince people to use it though.

I would be happy if the lab would attract Linux geeks who could help others,
and in return would enjoy the real nice facilities.