[Haifux] LINUX and SSDL

Haggai Eran haggai.eran at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:59:45 MSK 2009

Hi,

I can offer some suggestions for some of the problems you described below.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Yossi Gil <yossi.gil at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Running FF3 is not possible if a user is logged on to multiple stations.

This isn't a solution for the common user, but an advanced user can run
firefox with a command line argument '-no-remote' which would cause it to
open a new session, instead of connecting to the previous one.

> I also have my personal technical question, which you may be able to help
> in. I use Linux on a wireless home network, and I would like to do a couple
> of wireless network mounts, prior to any login screens. Any ideas on how I
> convince the computer to connect to the wireless before I logon?

In the latest version of Ubuntu there is a new version of Network Manager,
which allows you to set up the wireless settings for the entire system, in
addition to set only for the current user. I'm not sure if this will be
enough in order for the wireless connection to be set before network mounts
are mounted, but then you can play with the order of the system startup
scripts.

Regards,
Haggai Eran