[Haifux] LINUX and SSDL

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Jan 26 22:04:27 MSK 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 08:59:45PM +0200, Haggai Eran wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Yossi Gil <yossi.gil at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2. Running FF3 is not possible if a user is logged on to multiple stations.
> >
> This isn't a solution for the common user, but an advanced user can run
> firefox with a command line argument '-no-remote' which would cause it to
> open a new session, instead of connecting to the previous one.

But the profile will remain locked.

BTW: Konqueror does not have this problem. It baiscally allows a
separate instance per display rather than simply locking by the file
system.

> > I also have my personal technical question, which you may be able to help
> > in. I use Linux on a wireless home network, and I would like to do a couple
> > of wireless network mounts, prior to any login screens. Any ideas on how I
> > convince the computer to connect to the wireless before I logon?

Prior to login or at login?

At login: pam-mount (heard the name, never used it)

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best