[Haifux] The "Higher Education" Need Education on Linux?

Eran Arbel sabrerunner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:57:00 MSK 2009

I've read this thing on Slashdot:
http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09%2F01%2F29%2F0819207&from=rss
This is about the third or fourth time it's come up, a story of a texan
teacher who was so ignorant of the non-Microsfot world she thought that
everything not Microsfot made was criminal.
If you haven't read it yet, I urge you and if you have, what are your
thoughts on the matter?
And from the people higher then me on the food chain (probably everybody
here) what is the situation in the Technion/Haifa U? Are many people in the
know? Are many people completely against?
I see some labs here that run Linux, some that run only Linux and some that
oppose it.
Frankly, where I work, besides the windows-only specific environments,
people don't take transition to FOSS lightly.

--
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.
And no one ever said being a heretic was easy.
May we meet in Less Interesting Times...
http://eran.geek.co.il