[Haifux] The "Higher Education" Need Education on Linux?

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Tue Feb 3 20:06:31 MSK 2009

Hello,

Did you attend attend Cathy Malmrose's lecture about Linux Hardware?

http://www.haifux.org/lectures/202/

I suppose not, because we had a discussion about culture differences
between the US and Israel. To make a long story short: Many of them see
a computer as a package you're not allowed to open (and the "warranty
void" sticker helps with that).

So while some people consider Linux as yuck and others like it, and most
normal people haven't heard about it, at least I don't believe you'll
find someone thinking that installing free software on your computer is
illegal. Or maybe the question is if anyone here cares about it at all.

   Eli

Web: http://www.billauer.co.il