[Haifux] Let's face it! (was W2L discussion)

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Fri Sep 5 13:27:42 MSD 2008

Oron Peled wrote:

> If it points to haifux.org for the real info, than that's fine.
> However, I would not like it to become *the* principal haifux
> announcement board.

Completely agreed. I would take it even further: No events should ever
be announced there.

I see no advantage in announcing events in Facebook, since all members
would get the message anyhow through the mailing list. On the other
hand, that would require another place to keep in sync for scheduling
and rescheduling lectures. Plus a possibility for contradicting information.

But opening a Facebook so that people can announce that they belong to
it, could be a piece of advertisement. It should indeed only give a
short description about what Haifux is, and point to the site. If events
are announced there, someone may get the impression it's a reliable source.

    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il