[Haifux] Breaking the ice with SELinux

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sun Nov 16 13:47:54 MSK 2008

Hello,

Since the pipe is empty, I'll skip the who's-interested-part: I'm
suggesting next Monday (not tomorrow) for the first of two lectures
about SELinux (thus occupying Nov 24th and Dec 8th).

As you know me, I'm into hands-on, so I'll focus the lecture on how to
single out a certain application and tie its hands by writing a policy
module.

For those who don't know what SELinux is, you may be in some trouble,
because it's likely that it's running on your computer, possibly messing
up things here and there. To make a long story short, it's a permission
system, which works on top of the well-known UNIX user/group
permissions, but allows a much finer resolution for who's allowed to do
what.

Slides will be available pretty soon (most of them are already written).

You're still invited to send yay messages (if applicable). ;)

    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il