[Haifux] Fwd: [Israel.pm] Israel.pm Haifa Meeting

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:06:16 MSK 2008

To clarify a bit a common misunderstanding with Padre
and to promote my talk and Padre itself let me explain
why it might be interesting for you.

While Padre is currently written in Perl 5 and its primary
audience will be Perl programmers it also supports other languages.

For a starter it already supports syntax highlighting of every major
language (e.g. Python, Ruby, PHP, Javascript along with XML and SQL).

In addition you can already embed the Parrot virtual machine
( http://www.parrot.org/ ) in Padre meaning that within a few months
you will be able to write plug-ins or otherwise extend Padre in any
of the languages running on Parrot.

That means ruby or python or php or lua or ...

So basically it means that even if you don't like Perl you'll get an
API and you'll be able add plug-ins to Padre in *your favorite language*.

please RSVP to Shmuel Fomberg <semuelf at 012.net.il> so he can know how many
people to expect, which room to reserve and how much refreshment to order...

Gabor
http://padre.perlide.org/