[Haifux] [HAIFUX lecture] How Ethernet works - Nir Abulaffo
orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 14:29:12 MSK 2008
Next Monday, 24th of March, at 18:30 the Haifa Linux Club, will gather to
Nir Abulaffo's lecture about
How Ethernet works
* What is an ip packet ? and what is not (e.g. ARP).
* Difference between tcp and udp. What is icmp,igmp.
* Terms like MTU,TTL.
* Examples of many different problems with actual examples from
* a working environment such as a university campus. What happens
if MTU is wrong.
* How does traceroute work.
* What is a SYN attack.
* What is the difference between a switch and a router.
* What is the routing table in a computer, (a host) and what is
the routing table in a router. and a few words about routing
We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
Attendance is free, and you are all invited!
Advanced Linux Kernel Networking - third lecture Rami Rosen 7/4/2008
We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish
to give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux
might be interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org
Orr.Dunkelman at gmail.com
"Any human thing supposed to be complete, must for that reason infallibly
be faulty" -- Herman Melville, Moby Dick.
GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3 2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to orrd at vipe.technion.ac.il)
More information about the Haifux