[Haifux] Active Directory integration with Likewise Open

Ohad Lutzky ohad at lutzky.net
Wed Mar 19 13:05:34 MSK 2008

Likewise Open is meant to be integrated into Ubuntu Hardy (8.04). It's
available for gutsy, but poorly documented. Nevertheless, it seems to
work very well, with far less painful configuration. The only caveat I
can find is that the "group\username" string has to be entered as the
username, and I don't think this can change.

Any opinions?

(Active Directory integration is a must for me, and SFU's LDAP option
isn't an option for me as I cannot change the active directory
structure)

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and

Ohad Lutzky