[Haifux] Is the risk real? (Was: New mail icon for Thunderbird over Gnome)

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Mon May 14 15:14:42 MSD 2012

Two interesting cases indeed, but neither matching my question: The
first one was a Windows machine and the second we don't know.

Exploiting machines as a platform for your own nasty business is
probably the most common reason to attack a personal desktop. It's also
the situation with the least local damage: You fix the problem,
apologize, and go on with your life. I would say upgrading all the time
is worse in terms of efforts, and the number of mishaps you're expected
to have (I'm still working on getting this mail sent out as plain text
after upgrading my Thunderbird).

    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il