[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] What more can industry learn from open source? -- Yael Vaya-Talmor

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Sat Dec 22 23:43:30 MSK 2012

On Monday, December 24th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by
Yael Vaya-Talmor:

    What more can industry learn from open source?

*** The subject and abstract may change slightly, please check our site ***

Abstract

We suggest open source as an alternative way for the production of
goods. The open source production processes are insightful as a
guideline for the organization of work, knowledge and innovation.
However, the hierarchical organization faces certain challenges when
collaborating with open source or conducting an inner open source
process. In this talk, we will outline both the insights and challenges.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

07/01/13 Introductory level lecture before "Flash Friendly File
          System (F2FS) -- Leon Romanovsky
21/01/13 Flash Friendly File System (F2FS) -- Leon Romanovsky
04/02/13 --- This slot can be YOURS ---
28/02/13 Developing modern web applications using Flask and
          Backbone.js -- Yaniv Aknin + Yaniv Ben-Zaken

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il