[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE][WEEK NOTICE] Modern Web Development in Perl - Gabor Szabo

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 08:55:04 MSD 2012

Note change of time AND place:

Next week, Monday 23rd (and NOT today), we will meet in Taub 3 (and NOT 6)
to hear Gabor Szabo talk about:

Modern Web Development in Perl

Abstract

Back in the early years of the dynamic web, Perl was the de-facto choice of
language.
It was so ubique that people associated it with CGI. For that, even today,
Perl suffers from a bad image.
Even though, under the visible surface, there are strong powers leading to
a much better future.

In the last couple of years a new bread of frameworks appeared in the Perl
world.
They are all based on the PSGI standard that rhymes to WSGI and Rack.
In this presentation we will see a couple of examples for writing PSGI (
http://plackperl.org/ )
and Dancer ( http://perldancer.org/ ) based applications.

About the speaker: Gabor Szabo is a long time Perl developer and trainer.
He has been using Perl since 1995 and teaching it since 2000. He is runs
his blog at http://szabgab.com/ and
publishes a weekly newsletter with Perl related news called Perl Weekly:
http://perlweekly.com/ .

We meet in Taub building, room 3. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion,
or just plan some event haifux might be interested in, please contact us at
webmaster at haifux.org

--
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
http://ladypine.org