[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] SSD fundamentals - Amit Berman

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 10:33:40 MSD 2011

On Monday, July 11th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear a talk by Amit

   SSD fundamentals

Modern NAND Flash-based Solid-State Drives (SSD) presents low latency, high
throughput, low power consumption and solid-state reliability improvements
comparing to traditional magnetic-disk based Hard Disk Drives (HDD). In this
talk, I will review solid-state drive technology, including introduction to
flash memory structure and operating principles, storage of multiple bits
per cell, endurance and retention characteristics, approaches for high
performance as well as power conserving write/read/erase policies, wear
leveling, write amplification, file systems for solid-state non-volatile
memory, concepts of interconnections and I/O communication protocols.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:
25/7/2011 -  How to Spread Knowledge Throughout the World While Wearing Only
Your Slippers (or Wikmedia, Wikipedia and free content projects)  - Tomer

Upcoming events in Haifa and Israel:

4/8/2011 Wikipedia academy, in Haifa  http://wikimedia.org.il/Conf11
4-7/8/2011 Wikimania 2011, in haifa, Israel
12/8/2011 August Penguin 2011:

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.