[Haifux] Pulseaudio: Sounds good in theory

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Thu Jan 13 12:59:31 MSK 2011

On Wednesday, 5 בJanuary 2011 15:57:07 Nadav Har'El wrote:
> I've been using "pavucontrol" (I don't know what is "padevchooser"),
> and used it successfully to select between the sound card's microphone, and
> a USB-plugged microphone.

"MeToo", but notice that it's not needed anymore with modern desktops.
Since Fedora-13 (I now user 14), both GNOME and KDE mixers are fully
pulseaudio aware and show the required controls natively.
So pavucontrol remains for people that use other (less common) desktops.

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron