[Haifux] Mirroring Fedora repositories for rainy days

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Thu Jan 13 07:12:26 MSK 2011

Hello,

I'm running Fedora 12, and since I don't intend to upgrade, I thought I
should make a copy of the yum repositories, just so I will be able to
install whatever I'll need easily even in the longer term future. All
examples I've seen talk about saving internet bandwidth, not endurance
after phasing out.

This issue is covered widely on the web, but since there are so many
resources of how to do this, I can't figure out what's where and which
paths I should really copy, and which I can leave out without worrying
about it.

We have this script: http://fedorasolved.org/server-solutions/repo-sync

But it has this "lean back and trust me" flavor, which I still haven't
got used to. ;)

And then we have this very compact piece:
http://www.how2centos.com/creating-a-local-fedora-12-yum-repository/

But what do I get, exactly, by copying the "os" subdirectory?

Or maybe I should look at my own /etc/yum.repos.d and make up my own list?

Can anyone give a clear picture about how to make my own survival kit?

Thanks,

    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il