[Haifux] Job offer: SW developer

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Tue Feb 1 00:23:31 MSK 2011

On 31/01/11 18:34, Zaar Hai wrote:
> Hi, guys!
> Our startup company is looking for software developer:
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ForNova, the leader in web data aggregation, is looking for a SW
> developer to join the core technology team.
>
> Job description:
> Would you like to participate in the development of breakthrough
> technology that enables unheard scale of web data aggregation? If you
> do, then this job is for you!
> ForNova takes web content aggregation to the next level and you could
> be part of our core development team.
>
> Job requirements:
> Expertise in C++
> Experience with NLP and semantic text analysis - bonus.

NLP as in "Natural Language Processing"? The list of intersection of
Linguists and programmers I know consists of exactly one person, and
he's been trying to tone down the amount of programming he does for
years. Also, as far as I know, the NLP algorithms used are closely
guarded secrets, so any programmer who happens to have worked at a
company doing semantic analysis is more than likely to be bound by a
fairly strict NDA.

In other words, I think you're being a little naive here.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.