[Haifux] No Poetry Today

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Aug 8 08:54:02 MSD 2011

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 02:37:32PM +0300, Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> Orr writes poetry,
> I am not in the mood.
> The talk queue is empty,
> and this is not good.
>
> So think of a topic,
> Suggest  an idea,
> Pick yourself a date
> Winter is near.

I have no simple topic for a lecture. Though I wonder if it's possible
to do an OpenStreetMap[1] mapping session instead. Note that it cannot be
done at the standard place because:

1. We need to add data. I suspect the Technion campus is already
well-charted.

2. We later need to upload data and edit it. This requires internet
connectivity.

Generally I would expect this to be done in small teams where each team
must have:

* BigBrother: with a GPS device monitoring the location. That trace
  should then be later to his/her OpenStreetMap account for easier
  mapping in a different computer.

* Mapper: Someone who knows what we actually need to chart (and what we
  don't have to / shouldn't)

A team should probably include 1-3 other participants.

After finishing to cover an area, the team should move on to a place
with an internet access and update the data.

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best