[Haifux] Login console freezes: Eli's weekly riddle

guy keren choo at actcom.co.il
Thu Oct 28 20:38:15 MSD 2010

why not strace sshd and find what it's doing?

log into the machine, then run a separate sshd under an alternate port ,
and under 'strace -f -o <file> ....-tt -T', then see what strace shows
you it is doing, and which operations are taking a long time (-tt gives
a timestamp for each syscall invocation, -T gives the time a syscall
invocation took to complete).

--guy