[Haifux] Moving Dotan's lecture

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Sun May 23 11:00:21 MSD 2010

Shalom Ram,

Thank you for your concern. However,

*Dotan's talk is about the desktop, SYSTOR is about systems and storage.
*There is no time overlap (the poster session should last about an hour).
*No other voices were heard so far.
*We try to avoid schedule changes, especially of close-future lectures (not
to mess with speakers' schedules, and allow people time to get organized to
attend lectures), so that those who plan in advance to come to a certain
talk are able to do so.

Therefore, an announcement about Dotan's talk will soon follow.

Thanks,
Orna.

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 May 2010 16:38, cool-RR <cool-rr at cool-rr.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > I just noticed that Dotan's lecture is on the same day as IBM's SYSTOR:
> > https://www.research.ibm.com/haifa/conferences/systor2010/program.shtml
> > I planned to attend both.
> > SYSTOR is 3 days, and according to the official schedule the first day
> > should end before 18:30. But conferences often run late, and in any case
> it
> > will be tiring to go to two events the same day.
> > Will Dotan and the people here be interested in postponing the lecture to
> > next week?
> > If not, I'll understand. I should have noticed this clash with SYSTOR
> weeks
> > ago and told you then, sorry.
> > Ram.
> >

> I have no problem moving the lecture if others want to. I'll let the
> community decide. Will many people be at SYSTOR?
>
> Note that if it is moved it will likely be a two-week postponement,
> that is until the next Haifux meeting. That would either postpone
> Asaf's lecture, or postpone my own a month.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://gibberish.co.il
> http://what-is-what.com