[Haifux] A meeting proposal - Ranting over poor internet support

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Wed Mar 17 10:32:00 MSK 2010

Hello

I agree that web sites should be accessible from more then one browser.

I am not sure if sending 20 letters to a web muster on one day is better
then 20 letters to the same web muster that arrives in a period of a month.

I suggest opening a page in the clubs site that will contain:

  1.. A table with the data of all the bad sites.
    1.. The table should include:
    2.. The company name
    3.. The URL of the site
    4.. The browser that is not working
    5.. The problem
    6.. The date this entry was added
    7.. The email address of the webmaster
    8.. The email address (or any other address) of the company headquarter
    9.. The date this entry was added
    10.. Did the fix the problem ( & when )
  2.. Some templates of a letters to a webmaster / company headquarter
  3.. Links to tools that can check the quality of the web page
  4.. Links to instructions on how to make a web page standard
I suggest that Linux-il and any Linux / open source community shell be asked
to send the same letters according to this web page.

I think that we shell include in the letter to the web muster a link to a
free tool that can scan his web & point out all the non-standard parts. If
we can point out to a solution page, this will be even better.

Shahar