[Haifux] Lecture about valgrind

Shachar Raindel shacharr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 11:51:15 MSD 2010

Hi all,

I have been fiddling with the insides of valgrind lately, and thought
that other club members might also be interested to hear about how it
works under the hood.

For these of you who haven't heard of valgrind yet, it is a dynamic
binary translator, which pin-points common memory-related problems
(most of the buffer overflows, using freed memory block, double free,
using uninitialized variables, memory leaks, etc.).

If there is enough interest, I will probably be able to get a few
slides together and talk about it for a bit (read - 2 hours).

--Shachar