[Haifux] gnaughty: Is Fedora safe for children?

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Tue Jan 19 03:00:57 MSK 2010

 Hi,

Among other things I did while installing my new computer (did you know
I bought one? ;) was to check the repository for additional packages.
Skimming through the "yum list available" I found gnaughty. The name
sounded interesting, and the project is indeed remarkable:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnaughty/

To make a long story short, it's an application for quick downloading of
uhhm, adult-oriented images and videos from very certain web sites.
Which you could say about Firefox too, only it just so happens that
Firefox doesn't come with bookmarks to that kind of sites. Gnaughty, on
the other hand, takes you there without beating about the bush.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying what people should or shouldn't
download from the web. But I don't think a package like that belongs to
Fedora's main repository. Take my word for it that I haven't added any
additional repositories as of yet, and still:

$ yum list available | grep gnaughty
gnaughty.x86_64                           1.2.0-2.fc12
fedora

Enjoy it or flame it, it's all your choice.

    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il