[Haifux] [HAIFUX Workshop] The Web Rant Workshop

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Fri Apr 23 11:32:25 MSD 2010

On Thursday, 22 בApril 2010 10:47:42 Orr Dunkelman wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Next Monday, 26.4.10, at 18:30 we are going to have a rant workshop

Great event!

> where we will try to contact as many webmasters as possible and try
> to convince them to offer a better support for FOSS browsers.

It would be even more effective if people can get contact details
of higher ranked officials (those that pays for the construction
and maintenance of the website).

E.g: the COO may get really pissed off to find that with all the
money thrown at the company website, the result cause ~20% of
potential visitor to stay out.

> To hold this event, we need one or two wireless access points (we shall
> offer wireless connection so people could send emails). If you have one
> that you can bring (including soft AP), please let me know.

I have a (rarely used) wireless access point (not a router, only a single
ethernet port). Since I am not sure I would be able to attend, someone may
coordinate with me privately to pick it up beforehand (e.g: Sat or Sun --
I live ~150m from the Technion main gate).

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron