[Haifux] Call for Participation: SYSTOR 2010---The 3rd Annual Haifa Experimental Systems Conference

Muli Ben-Yehuda muli at il.ibm.com
Sun Apr 11 18:51:08 MSD 2010

Call for Participation:
SYSTOR 2010 — The Third Annual Haifa Experimental Systems Conference
May 24–26, 2010
https://www.research.ibm.com/haifa/conferences/systor2010/
IBM R&D Labs in Israel

IBM Research - Haifa and the IBM Systems and Technology Group Lab in
Israel, in collaboration with the Caesarea Rothschild Institute (CRI)
at the University of Haifa are organizing SYSTOR 2010, a successor to
the highly successful SYSTOR conferences on systems and storage held
in the past at IBM Research - Haifa.  The goal of the conference is to
promote systems research and foster stronger ties between the Israeli
and worldwide systems research communities and industry. We have a
strong program of 18 refereed papers, two keynote talks, and a panel
on the future of cloud computing.

Full program details are available at
https://www.research.ibm.com/haifa/conferences/systor2010/program.shtml

The conference will also have a poster session highlighting works in
progress.  International participation is encouraged.

Student Activities

As part of the conference, students will have the opportunity to
interact with senior researchers and obtain feedback on their
research. To promote such interactions, we will have a poster session
where students present their work.  We will also have a lunch where
members of the program committee and IBM researchers will be matched
with students for more intensive interaction.

Venue and Social Event

The conference will be held in the lovely city of Haifa, which
overlooks the Mediterranean Sea, and is home to Jews, Muslims,
Christians, and Baha’is.  SYSTOR 2010 excursions will include trips
and museum tours focusing on the historical periods of the Holy Land
via special visits to the University of Haifa's Hecht Museum, the old
city of Nazareth, and the Sea of Galilee. The conference will take
place at IBM Research - Haifa and the University of Haifa.
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda | muli at il.ibm.com | +972-4-8281080
Manager, Virtualization and Systems Architecture