[Haifux] Haifos?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Wed Apr 7 17:25:17 MSD 2010

On Wednesday 07 Apr 2010 15:54:22 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Considering that many lectures and mailing list topics are not
> Linux-specific, might it be wise to take Shlomi Fish's example and
> rename to Haifos - Haifa Open Source? I personally like promoting
> Linux in the group name, but it is a bit inaccurate.

Well, before renaming Haifux to Haifos or HaiFOSS or HaiFree (because you may
discuss open/free content too) or whatever, I should note that I'm not
absolutely sure renaming the Tel Aviv club to TelFOSS was a good idea. Some
drawbacks to note is that there are still the logistics of the name change,
and the fact that it fragments the existing referrals (in web searches, on
correspondence, etc.) and that focusing on Linux is more concrete and less
presumptious than "The Haifa Open Source Club".

Oh well. "Let the flames begin!"? ;-)

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish