[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE] Intro to Qt4 - Diego Iastrubni

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 09:29:59 MSD 2009

On Monday, September 7th at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear Diego
Iastrubni talk about

                Introduction to Qt4

Abstract

Why do we need a cross-platform toolkit
The qmake build system
Strings, list + iterators in Qt4
signals+slots
Basic GUI building

The purpose of the lecture is not to teach Qt4, but to explain what is
available in Qt4 and motivate you to sit on your behind and learn it.

Slides: http://qtedit4.googlecode.com/files/Introduction%20to%20Qt4.odp

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

Advanced GDB David Khosid 21/9/2009

Social and Cultural perspective on the Israeli FOSS community   Liora
Shlomi  26/10/2009

How Time Flies: Jiffies, Hi-Res Timers and the Tickless Kernel  Gilad
Ben-Yossef      09/11/2009

0AD     Aviv Sharon, Shimon Grinberg and TBD    07/12/2009       A real-time
FOSS strategy game
Nested Virtualization 	Muli Ben-Yehuda 	21/12/2009
The FOSS Community as a Social Phenomenon       Yaron Dishon    18/01/2010

We still have two open slots for 2009, grab them while they're hot!

Open Slots:
October 12
November 23

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish
to give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event Haifux
might be interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org