[Haifux] advanced of programming in Linux

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Mon Nov 2 15:46:58 MSK 2009

Hello all

everything is correct:
some jobs are easier on Linux
knowing another OS make you a better programmer
Linux is free & so are most of its tools

but what I am looking for is:
a description of a simple every day job
that windows people will say that they will have to spent half a day
programming to automate it.
that widows people will admit that it is something reasonable to do.
a job that can be accomplished on Linux with 10 minutes
and the result should be to bring the Windows people to consider Linux (at
list) as their development environment

Shahar