[Haifux] Missing UDP statistics in recent distributions (RcvbufErrors, SndbufErrors)

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Wed Jul 29 00:45:23 MSD 2009

Hi,

We won't discuss the pieces of software running on my own computers.
Only say that from where I stand, there is an afterlife. ;)

I brought up the archaeological issue, when I was surprised to know,
that old kernels didn't tell their computer's owner how many packets
(UDP packets in our case) it has dropped, just because the queues in the
kernel were overfilled. It's so straightforward to implement, and it
answers an question (is my hardware taking the load?).

But as they say today, חפרנו מספיק.

   Eli