[Haifux] Party????

Adir Abraham adir at hamakor.org.il
Wed Jan 28 21:12:44 MSK 2009

Hi Dotan,

On 1/27/09, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I see two problems with the date of the party:
> 1) The Technion will be in exams at the time planned. I suggest that
> the party wait until April, when people will have less on their heads.

Having (another) instaparty is a good idea. Most of the students have exams
now. However, it will be good if we have our first meeting on February 19th
(switched from 18th) as Yossi suggested, so we will develop ideas and make
better meetings later. We have to start from something :)

2) Kubuntu 9.04 is being released in April with KDE 4.2. I have four
> people that I have told them that I will only change their WIndows XP
> Cracked Edition computers to Linux when that release is made. KDE is
> much more comfortable that Gnome for Windows converts, and KDE 4.2 is
> 95% of what KDE 3.5.x was, plus a whole lot more. However, the KDE 4.1
> in the current Kubuntu release is _not_ meant for end users (and it
> shows) and moving someone to the all-but-abandoned KDE 3.x branch is
> not good at this point.

Also, we don't have to wait that long, when Fedora 10 does all that great
work. I agree that the current Kubuntu release is problematic (as well as
some of its earlier releases, by the way). We shall talk about this as well.

Adir