[Haifux] Virtual Box\Machine

Yossi Gil yossi.gil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:31:49 MSK 2009

Hi,

Not sure what you mean here (I could google the terms, but for now, I
won't).

We decided to using Ubuntu 8.04 because it is a distribution that the
students should be familiar with.
In the past, we had dual boot machines, and the experience was not so good.
I would really like Microsoft to put their money
where there mouth is. If they think Windows is important for software
development, I would like to see them donate the Iron, not just the
software.
The lab in return will have to put lots of money in engineering support for
the MS products.

In letting windows run on our machines, as a virtual machine or in any other
way, we will be spending the engineering and support resources, without
seeing a matched
contribution from Microsoft.

Of course, I have no problem if students install VM on their accounts, as
long as this does not require us to provide too much support.
I am not sure this is possible without root access.

Yossi