[Haifux] Virtual Box\Machine

Sorana Fraier sf10095 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 16:47:27 MSK 2009

Hi Eran

As far as I know there isn't a install party. If there are a couple of other
students that are interested on virtualbox on their pcs/laptops, I can come
to ssdl lab and help with that. As you understand, Yossi Gil is against
virtual machines on the lab and I agree with him.

About ATI graphics, I can try to help. I am not familiar with that and as
far as I know the support for ati cards isn't so good in linux. Please send
me the details of the card and I will check for it. Run the command lspci
and you will get the details of the card.

I am far from being a gamer, so I don't know much about Cedega. I will do my
best to help. The other option is that once you have a virtual machine with
windows, you can always run your games there as well.

There are a couple of things that you need to know. RAM to run both linux
and VirtualBox you will need minimum 1 GB. I hope you have that. For gaming
you may require more. I run on my laptop eclipse on virtual machine and
other appications