[Haifux] LINUX and SSDL

Orr Dunkelman orr.dunkelman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:35:01 MSK 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Ohad Lutzky <ohad at lutzky.net> wrote:

>> I also have my personal technical question, which you may be able to help
>> in. I use Linux on a wireless home network, and I would like to do a couple
>> of wireless network mounts, prior to any login screens. Any ideas on how I
>> convince the computer to connect to the wireless before I logon?
>
> I'm not sure how to resolve this issue, but I can clarify the cause:
> WPA keys are stored within your user accounts, and are decrypted only
> when you log in. This may have changed in more recent versions of
> NetworkManager, such as the one installed in Ubuntu 8.10, but I'm not
> sure.

8.10 does the same.

what you could do (god knows how to do it, I have no idea where Ubuntu
hides the files) is of course to update your network interface to
connect on start up, overriding the NetworkManager mechanisms (I know
how to do that in Fedora).

--
Orr Dunkelman,
Orr.Dunkelman at gmail.com

"a scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, -- a mere
heart of stone" - Charles Darwin.

GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3  2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys. The key
corresponds to orrd at vipe.technion.ac.il)