[Haifux] LINUX and SSDL

Ohad Lutzky ohad at lutzky.net
Tue Jan 27 11:00:22 MSK 2009

Hello Yosi,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Yossi Gil <yossi.gil at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. FF3 sometimes slows down to a halt on Flash.

I highly recommend an extension called Flashblock (separate from
Adblock): Instead of showing flash content, it shows placeholders;
clicks on the placeholder. Also, performance is much better with later
versions of Flash, which I'm not sure are included as part of Ubuntu
at this point.

> I also have my personal technical question, which you may be able to help
> in. I use Linux on a wireless home network, and I would like to do a couple
> of wireless network mounts, prior to any login screens. Any ideas on how I
> convince the computer to connect to the wireless before I logon?

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue, but I can clarify the cause:
WPA keys are stored within your user accounts, and are decrypted only
when you log in. This may have changed in more recent versions of
NetworkManager, such as the one installed in Ubuntu 8.10, but I'm not
sure.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and

Ohad Lutzky