[Haifux] Student complaints.

Haggai Eran haggai.eran at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 00:23:14 MSK 2009

I assumed the problems with moving files to windows was the different
encoding of new-line characters. unix2dos and dos2unix can be used if that's
the case, or their equivalents on windows systems. If eclipse is used, I
think it can be changed to use whatever style you like.

About eclipse: I've used it a lot, both as a student, working in Java for
the OS Project course, and at work, with CDT. With Java it worked great, and
I don't remember any crashes. With CDT I think I did see it crash once or
twice. Of course such crashes need to be investigated further, and since
this list doesn't seem to have many Eclipse experts, I would try to get help
here <https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/>. I've also used PyDev and EclipseFP if
it might help anyone. :)

Haggai