[Haifux] Welcome2Linux?

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Wed Jan 14 13:29:20 MSK 2009

Orna,

I understand your point and agree with it, nevertheless, I believe there are
a lot of skilled programmers and super users out there that tend to think
Linux is no more than an old "dos window for geeks', unusable for the
desktop user (i.e - them, while not doing sudo stuff) and so on...

I would like to show them the true face and powers of the GNU/Linux system -
as I did with my friends.

The series should target existing power / super users that currently work
solely with Windows - kind of: "Look, this is how it looks like, this is how
you do this task under Linux"

I noticed the Haifux calendar is wide open for the neear future. I am
willing to do the lectures myself (although, I am not a gifted lecturer as
others I've seen). I'll need help with spreading the word through the right
channels - to get to the right target audiance.

Thanks!

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html