[Haifux] "Windows-Free" laptops in Haifa

Zvi Devir zdevir at cs.technion.ac.il
Mon Feb 9 18:19:02 MSK 2009

Quoting Shachar Shemesh:

> Zvi Devir wrote:
> > However, I won't start the process with
> > you unless you really want to go all the way (up to district court if
> > required).
> >
> It is not at all trivial that, should the small claims court fail, the
> district court is an option. If memory serves me correctly, you are not
> automatically allowed to appeal small claims court decisions. You can
> ask for permission to appeal, but there is nothing forcing the judge to
> agree. If you don't like it, you need to press the claim in the regular
> (Shalom) court.
>
> Shachar

That's right, appealing small claims court decisions is not an automatic
process. However, district court decision can set a precedent, while small
claims or regular courts do not. Also, some arguments are more easily accepted
in district court and not in regular or small claim courts.
Let just say that I have allocated some funds and got some legal advise just in
case I will loose at small claims court and have to take the case one step
further. Luckily or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, Dell
decided to sign a reconciliation agreement with me, so no precedent was set.

Zvi.