[Haifux] [HAIFUX LECTURE]FSF Compliance Lab - Yoni Rabkin

Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda ladypine at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 00:40:19 MSD 2009

On Monday, August 31st at 18:30, Haifux will gather to hear the
long-asked-for talk of Yoni Rabkin, a licensing volunteer for the  FSF
Compliance Lab
(http://www.fsf.org/licensing/team). Yoni will talk about the:

                 FSF Compliance Lab

Abstract

We explain the "what", "who" and "how" of the Free Software Foundation
GPL Compliance Lab. We go through five sample questions based on real
questions the lab received and discuss their answers. We finish with a
few words about GPL violations.
The lecture is intended for the general audience interested in free
software licensing and in particular the licenses published by the
FSF.

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

Social and Cultural perspective on the Israeli FOSS community 	Liora
Shlomi 	26/10/2009

How Time Flies: Jiffies, Hi-Res Timers and the Tickless Kernel 	Gilad
Ben-Yossef 	09/11/2009

0AD 	Aviv Sharon, Shimon Grinberg and TBD 	07/12/2009 	 A real-time
FOSS strategy game

The FOSS Community as a Social Phenomenon 	Yaron Dishon 	18/01/2010

We still have some open slots for the beginning of the year, grab them
while they're hot!

Open Slots:
September 14 or September 21
October 12
November 23
December 21

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event Haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org