[Haifux] W2L + Installation party?

guy keren choo at actcom.co.il
Wed Sep 17 15:47:37 MSD 2008

whatever you do - please be careful with choosing ubuntu - version 8.04
completely broke sound support for many programs i'm talking about
usability - not about politics) - and people kept asking questions about
this issue on the various forums, at least until august (i stopped
looking, since by that time i managed to somehow work around most of the
sound issues).

i understood that in fedora 9 (that also integraded soundpulse to some
extent) - this problem does not exist.

sound is quite an important feature for people's desktops.

--guy