[Haifux] GIMP workshop(s): Any interest?

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Fri Sep 12 16:14:17 MSD 2008

Hi again.

Well, it looks like there is some interest, after all...

Given that two weeks from next lecture happens to be September 29th,
which is Erev Rosh HaShana, we could either go for October 6th or
September 22nd (making it sort-of-SiL). I'm fine with both.

Dave Roi wrote:

> I think the more important issue here is the fact that we, as a more
> technically inclined user group, are having such a hard time using it,
> how do we expect the simple windows user to do so?
There are plenty of simple tools out there, under Windows, for simple
uses. Once you want to do something more advanced, you need a more
sophisticated tool, which is not going to be simple to use. You can't
have them both.

I think that the main reason GIMP has frustrated so many, is that it's
more or less the *only* tool around for Linux machines, so even those
with the simple tasks are forced to go for a sophisticated tool. The
problem is not GIMP, but the lack of some (well known and widespread)
quick-and-dirty tool for image manipulation under Linux.

The solution offered: Learn the tool. ;)

   Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il