[Haifux] W2L discussion

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Sep 6 19:38:06 MSD 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008, Orr Dunkelman wrote:
> Skype is also very widely used, easily installed and activated, and
> does the job.

Arguably, the same thing can be said on Windows too. But would you use a
software that someone can use to install malware on your computer, delete all
your data, and pwn you?

So it appears to be working correctly, but meanwhile betrays you.

> I guess that you never entered a car without 5* in NCAP crush tests,
> designed using AAAAA of BBBB (rather than XXX of YYY) manufactured by
> ZZZZ, following the latest euro5 emission standard.

I honestly don't know what you mean by that paragraph.

And please avoid top-posting.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 September 2008, Orr Dunkelman wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> Next week, on Monday, Ohad is going to give a talk about this weird
> >> programming language, Ruby. He'll probably also try to convince you
> >> all to even go on rails.
> >>
> >> In any case, it would be a good opportunity to discuss W2L events.
> >>
> >> As there were very little discussion going on the mailing list (I can
> >> argue things with Dotan all day long, and a bit with Adir), I would
> >> like to suggest to hold a discussion before Ohad's talk. If somebody
> >> will bring a computer with skype, speakers, and a microphone, I will
> >
> > Skype?
> >
> > Just a note: Skype is obfuscated, closed, insecure and vulnerable:
> >
> > *
> > http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/Speculation-over-back-door-in-Skyp
> >e--/news/111170
> >
> > *
> > http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/07/open-source-skype-scuppered.htm
> >
> > * http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/355
> >
> > * http://www.google.com/search?q=securiteam%20skype
> >
> > You should really consider using a more open and more secure alternative.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >        Shlomi Fish

> > Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
> > First stop for Perl beginners - http://perl-begin.org/
> >
> > Shlomi, so what are you working on? Working on a new wiki about unit
> > testing fortunes in freecell? -- Ran Eilam

The Case for File Swapping - http://xrl.us/bjn7i

fortunes in freecell? -- Ran Eilam