[Haifux] [HAIFUX Lecture] Git isn't a VCS

Ohad Lutzky ohad at lutzky.net
Sun Jan 27 13:58:51 MSK 2008

Next Monday, 4th of February, at 18:30 the Haifa Linux Club, will gather to
Ohad Lutzky's (my!) lecture about

           Git isn't a VCS

Git isn't a version control system. No fancy acronym, that's just what Linus
says. Still, he wrote it and uses it to keep track of versions of the kernel.
This presentation will be one big usage example of git. Knowledge in other VCSs
(cvs, subversion, others) is recommended, but optional. Also recommended but
optional is viewing Linus's talk on motivation for writing (and using) git:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

We meet in Taub building, room 6 (note the change of place!). For
instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Vehicle entry permit form will be available on Leon's website at
http://www.leon.nu/form/
Please register there.
P.S. We DON'T keep a sensitive information, and delete the
registration details right after lecture, so it's very important to
register again for EVERY coming lecture.

Future Lectures:

A lightning talks session about crawlers                            Everybody!
       11/2/2008

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish
to give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux
might be interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

Note: The scheduling indeed corresponds to the lecture-in-two-weeks
interval from "behind", but not "in front", due to the lightning talks. The
reason I'm abusing my privileges here is that a test period is coming up. :)

If this is a HUGE problem, let me know.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and

Ohad Lutzky