[Haifux] Proposal: Git lecture

Ohad Lutzky ohad at lutzky.net
Sun Jan 27 11:26:23 MSK 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 08:57:06AM +0200, Mark Silberstein wrote:
> Just to let you guys know, google talks hosted such a lecture by Linus.
> Still, it by no means implies that such lecture is not a good idea!

That is very true! The lecture can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

Linus's talk is about the merits of git (or "why CVS and SVN suck so
bad"), and I recommend watching it before my talk, in case you're
curious as to how it compares with other systems - for the simple reason
that I've never used anything other than SVN and git. Linus's talk does
not have any examples, which is what I intend to bring to the table :)

> On Jan 27, 2008 7:45 AM, Yotam Medini יותם מדיני <yotam.medini at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 26, 2008 1:01 PM, Ohad Lutzky <ohad at lutzky.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone interested in hearing about *using* it?
> >
> > yes - me. -- yotam

Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be.
 - William Hazlitt