[Haifux] [HAIFUX Lecture] Breaking the Ice with SELinux (part I)

Eli Billauer eli at billauer.co.il
Fri Dec 5 16:48:43 MSK 2008

Next Monday, December 8th at 18:30, Haifux will meet to hear Eli
Billauer's talk titled

    Breaking the Ice with SELinux (part I)

The talk will give a hands-on introduction to SELinux and make
preparations for the second meeting, which will be dedicated to writing
an SELinux module. The aim of these two meeting is mainly to make the
listener friends with SELinux.

SELinux is an access permission system, which is running in many recent
distributions (with or without the computer owner's awareness).
Understanding how this system works seems to become a necessity for a
smooth administration of an updated Linux machine.

Abstract and slides are available at http://www.haifux.org/lectures/200

We meet in Taub building, room 6. For instructions see:
http://www.haifux.org/where.html

Attendance is free, and you are all invited!

Future lectures:

8/22/08      Breaking the ice with SELinux  part II     Eli Billauer
5/1/2009   Supercomputing 2008                              Orna Agmon

19/1/2009 Introduction to openmp                             Orna Agmon

2/2/2009   openmp - from the developer's side        Orna Agmon

16/2/2009  Mindstorms NXT - the Lego side of Open Source  Yaniv Aknin

We are always interested in hearing your talks and ideas. If you wish to
give a talk, hold a discussion, or just plan some event haifux might be
interested in, please contact us at webmaster at haifux.org

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il